Bramley Parish Council - Minutes - Tuesday 15th January 2019

 UPDATED WITH CORRECTIONS

BRAMLEY PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Meeting of the Council

Date:

Tuesday 15th January 2019

Time:                                    7.30pm

Place:

Bramley Room, Bramley Village Hall

 

Present:

Cllr Durrant (Chair)

Cllr Bell (Vice-Chair)

 

Cllr Oborn

Cllr Flooks

 

Cllr James

Cllr Munday

 

Cllr Capel

Cllr Ansell

In attendance:

Maxta Thomas (Clerk)

8 members of the public

 

Cllr Vaughan (County)

 

Apologies:

Cllr Tomblin

Cllr Rowland (Borough)

 

Cllr Robinson (Borough)

PCSO Emma Page

 

 

Action

1

Apologies for Absence

 

 

As listed above.

 

2

Declarations of Interest

 

 

None.

 

3

Minutes of the Last Parish Council Meeting

 

3.1

The minutes of the meeting held on 18th December 2018 were unanimously agreed to be a true and accurate record, were signed by the Chairman.

 

 

3.2

Matters arising

 

 

  •  

 

4

Open Forum

 

 

Cllr Durrant invited comments and questions from the public.  There were no questions.

 

 

5

County Councillor Report

 

 

Cllr Vaughan gave a verbal report:

  •  No 14 bus – three of the daily services have been reinstated – the 15.10 and 18.10 from Basingstoke, and also the 06.56 from Bramley.  This will be reviewed after Easter.  Cllr Vaughan noted that the number 14 service is the most expensive for the county council to run, hence the cut in service.
  • Cllr Ansell noted the Parish Council’s congratulations to Cllr Vaughan on his award of MBE in the New Year’s honours list for public and political service. 

 

6

Borough Councillor Report

 

 

Both Ward Councillors absent, so no report.

 

7

Planning & Development

 

7.1

New applications

  1. a.       T/00514/18/TPO - Chestnut Lodge Officers Row Bramley

T1 London plane: crown reduce

No objections unanimously agreed – Bramley PC is happy to defer to the BDBC tree officers view.  Clerk to process

 

  1. b.      18/03718/HSE - 6 Churchlands Bramley Tadley

Erection of a one and half storey rear extension with associated internal and external alterations

Andy Klemz spoke on this application in his capacity as agent.  He made the following points:

  • This application is essentially for a single storey extension.  The sitting room is currently very dark –this extension will expand this, with skylights.
  • The unusual shape is due to a mezzanine games/study area on the higher side.
  • The roof lights are designed to be above the inhabitants’ eyeline – they can just see the sky from inside, and cannot see into the neighbouring property.
  • Trees – consent is in place to remove 5 trees, three of which are dead, and two of which are in the way of the extension.  A number of trees will be planted as replacements.  The applicants are being guided by tree consultants as to the varieties. 
  • The applicant noted that new planting will be designed to enhance the property, and that electric blinds are planned to mitigate light pollution.  Planting is also planned along the fence line for number 5 to give some shielding. 

Cllrs noted the following:

  • A neighbour has raised a concern about the skylights, where he claims that these would overlook his living area.  The agent confirmed that the skylights will not overlook the neighbour’s property, as stated above.
  • The property is within a conservation area, and if skylights are pointing up is it is likely to cause light pollution – will there be blinds at night? The consultant confirmed that this could be addressed.
  • There is a precedent in the area for this kind of extension – does not affect the look of the street, particularly when replacement trees are planted and established.
  • The strip of windows at the top of the front elevation is not really in keeping with the conservation area.

After some discussion, no objection unanimously agreed, subject to above comments.  Clerk to process.

 

  1. c.       19/00017/HSE – 21 Longbridge Road Bramley

Erection of a single storey rear extension

  • No objection provided that the new cloakroom leaves sufficient room for the garage to be used as a garage.  Unanimously agreed – Clerk to process.

 

The Clerk finally noted the new outline application for 350 houses at Upper Cufaude Farm, which appeared on the BDBC planning portal today.  On consultation with BDBC, this application will be considered at the next Planning Committee meeting on 13th February. 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

Clerk

7.2

Approvals/refusals – these were noted, particularly the refusals of both the 6 Churchlands and Minchens Court applications.  Cllr Durrant noted that the NDP played a key role in the DC Committee’s decision to refuse these applications.

The Clerk noted Cufaude Lane proceedings.

 

 

8

Parish Environment

 

8.1

Bramley Station – upkeep proposals – Cllr Ansell to still obtain more quotes.  Cllr Durrant noted that he felt that the onus should be on GWR to obtain plans and quotes; however, their current solution is to just place weed killer on the site.  Cllr Ansell to speak with the station manager on this.

Cllr James noted that the area behind the waiting room is full of rubbish and needs maintenance.  Cllr Ansell to put in a complaint to Network Rail.

Any work would need to wait until the LIF project work is complete.

Cllr Ansell

 

 

Cllr Ansell

 

8.2

Update on Bramley Level Crossing – Cllr Durrant has been liaising with Network Rail on the future status of Bramley level crossing and station.  The most recent update from them has stated that:

  1. There are no short term plans to close Bramley level crossing.
  2. Network Rail does not currently have any funding to install a footbridge at Bramley level crossing.
  3. Following completion of a feasibility assessment of electrifying the line between Reading and Basingstoke, Network Rail has identified that this work is not required to deliver improvements to passengers.
  4. Network Rail carried out a feasibility study in 2015 on the provision of a stepped footbridge.  It found that there was no business case to install such a bridge, which would not be inclusive according to their own policies.

Cllr Oborn noted that the ticket machine had been removed and asked whether it would be replaced – it was felt that this would be unlikely.

Cllr Vaughan asked if Persimmon had put s.106 money towards the station area.  This is being chased down through the LIF project – the funds are currently with the County Council.

Cllr Durrant noted that the PC does not oppose a possible footbridge in Bramley, but that such a project must be a fully inclusive safe route across the railway line that does not destroy the character of the village centre.

 

 

9

Clerk’s report & Administration

 

 

The Clerk updated the Council on the following:

  • PCC Welcome pack for new residents – the Clerk is awaiting a copy of the welcome pack.  It seems that the pack has possibly not gone out to new residents at the new developments.  She also noted that the parish magazine does not go out to residents at Vyne Park, although it does to St James Park (at Minchens Lane), and will go out to the Bewley and Taylor Wimpey developments as residents begin to move in.  Vyne Park would appear not to fall within the ecclesiastical parish boundary.
  • Private security for Clift Meadow – the Clerk is still to action this.
  • Lengthsman tasks – these are now complete.  The pavement clearance was done under the Lengthsman umbrella; however, the litter and fly tipping clearance was not, as Bramley PC has now used it’s Lengthsman funds for 2018/19.
  • S.106 – Clerk is supplying Cllr Rowland with details for the application that included funds for the football ground.

 

 

9.1

IT Project update – the invitations to tender were issued just before Christmas, and the deadline for responses was 14th January.  Just one tender has been received, and this will be reviewed by the working party prior to the February PC meeting.  Cllr Ansell to contact other invitees to chase for responses.

 

Cllr Ansell

9.2

Parish magazine article – Cllr Durrant is due to write the next article.  The deadline is 15th February. 

Cllr Durrant

 

9.3

2019/20 budget and precept (see appendix B) – the Clerk has distributed a revised version to all councillors as a discussion document.  She noted that the precept decision must be made by 31st January 2019. 

Cllr Durrant noted that approximately £45k of expenditure is fixed, and the rest is variable (grants etc).  He also noted that an £85,240 precept would mean no increase per household.  Councillors should also bear in mind the increase last year and the reasons for it.  It was also noted that ASB problems persist in the Parish, particularly with vandalism at Clift Meadow.

After some discussion, Cllr Durrant proposed adopting the 2019/20 budget, and Cllr Munday seconded the motion.  This was unanimously agreed. 

Cllr Ansell proposed a precept for 2019/20 of £85,240, and Cllr Durrant seconded the motion.  Unanimously agreed.  Clerk to submit precept request to BDBC.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

10

Reports

 

10.1

Reports from Parish Council representatives

 

a.

Allotments and Burial Ground -

  • The Clerk has made enquiries with the specialist contractor about using the current services area for burial spaces.  The contractor has stated that the ground is only a little higher than at the far end of the ground, and would not be high enough above the ground water level to use as burial space.  The proximity of the ditch at that point would also make it difficult.  Cllr Durrant suggested looking into alternative drainage methods for the Burial Ground – Clerk to take forward.
  • Allotment rent – invoices have been issued, and around half of holders have now paid their rent for 2019.  Cllr James to chase outstanding payments.  Two people have returned their plots.  Cllr James proposed that if plot needs work on its return, then it should be offered to next tenant without a deposit as is, and the deposit should not be returned to the outgoing tenant.  This was  unanimously agreed. 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

Cllr James

b.

Village Hall Trust – Cllr Oborn gave a brief verbal update. 

  • The VHT are currently dealing with details of the extension ahead of building work.
  • The VHT have submitted list of projects for s.106 funds if they become available.

 

c.

Clift Meadow Trust – no meeting, so no formal report.  There are some outstanding issues and actions:

  • Salt bin – the Clerk has sent details of how to apply for a salt bin to CMT.  Once they have checked the criteria for a bin, the Clerk will order accordingly.
  • Extra litter bins – BDBC does not typically supply litter bins for privately owned open space.  They have given the name of a supplier, which the Clerk has passed on to CMT.
  • Playground inspection – BDBC have confirmed that they do not and have not carried out inspections at the Clift Meadow playground.  The Clerk has requested details of companies that would carry out an annual inspection, although CMT should already have this information.  Possible replacement of equipment may need s.106 money.
  • Youth Club issues – the PCSO attended Clift Meadow for the last Youth Club session, but did not witness first-hand any of the problems being experienced by the Youth Club and other clubs with unwanted visitors.  It has been suggested that changing the times of the Youth Club may alleviate the issue, at least for other Clift Meadow users.  Security cameras at the front of the building may need to be considered – Cllr Ansell and Clift Meadow to approach the current supplier for proposals and ideas.

         i.            Fencing and barrier options – after issues before Christmas with vehicles being driven on to Clift Meadow, the Minchens Lane developers have put a temporary barrier up at the new footbridge.  BDBC have confirmed that this should be made permanent – Clift Meadow will be accessible for pedestrian traffic, but not vehicles.  A grant application has been received from CMT for a barrier at the Bramley Arms.

The Clerk has requested a quote for a stick and post fence along one side of the new footpath, which would further inhibit vehicles.

BDBC should be contacted re possible barrier options that might be acceptable.  It was suggested that bollards on the Clift Meadow side of the bridge would be effective, and then what was agreed in the planning application for the Bramley Inn end.  The planning permission also states that the hedgerow should be planted.  Cllr Flooks to checking planning permission and take forward.

Planned adoption of the new path should be checked, as the Parish Council does not wish to adopt it – this should be BDBC.

 

 

 

 

Cllr Ansell

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Flooks

 

 

d.

Police & Neighbourhood Watch – no report received.  Meeting on 18th January with PCSO.

 

e.

Highways/Footpaths

         i.            Rights of Way vegetation priority cutting list – Cllr Ansell has reviewed this list, and recommended that the following footpaths should be on the list:

  • Route No2, Silchester road to Latchmere Green – Footpath
  • Route No7, Bramley Frith Wood – Bridleway
  • Route No6, Grays House to Frith Wood – Footpath
  • Route No1, Bramley corner - Footpath
  • Route No5, Middle Farm – Footpath

These were unanimously agreed – Clerk to action.

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

f.

Road Safety Project – Cllr Ansell met with the consultants before Christmas.  They have submitted plans to date for the junction to HCC for feasibility.  Cllr Ansell has also placed a request to check remaining funds in the LIF allocation.   

 

10.2

Chairman’s report

  • Honours board – Cllr Durrant suggested that Chris Wright should be added to the Honours board, along with Phil Lewis.  Chris was at one time a Parish Councillor, and has supported the IT systems for various organisations and residents in the village for many years.  Eileen Gulston was also nominated for the board – Eileen has been the bookings secretary to Clift Meadow for many years and also heavily involved in many community activities.  These additions were unanimously agreed.  Clerk to take forward. 
  • Fence at Yew Tree Close – Cllr Durrant and residents of Yew Tree Close have met with BDBC to discuss making the temporary fence between Yew Tree Close and Kirby Drive permanent.  He stated that the work done last year has completely removed all of the ASB issues in the area.  However, BDBC have insisted that they wish to remove the temporary fence and monitor the situation for 6 months before they will consider making the fence permanent.  This will be effective from March 2019, with an initial review in June.  Any issues should be reported via 101, or can be reported online via www.hampshire.police.uk
  • This week’s Gazette article on air pollution was noted.  Cllr James has passed data on to the Basingstoke Clean Air Campaign, and will be attending a meeting next week on the subject. 

Cllr Ansell has received a response from the portfolio holder at BDBC, who has passed data to their resident experts who are analysing the data.  It was suggested that Bramley data could be sent to local press.  It was unanimously agreed to release the report through the PC website and social media.

 

 

Clerk

11

Consultation documents requiring consideration

 

11.1

Draft Transport Strategy – details of this have been distributed to all councillors.  The deadline is 28th January.

The Rapid Transport system from Razors Farm into Basingstoke is the closest that the strategy gets to Bramley.  There is little of rural transport mentioned, and no mention of air quality.  Clerk to respond accordingly. 

 

 

Clerk

12

Grant Applications

 

12.1

Installation of barrier between Clift Meadow and Bramley Inn car park – this application is for a total of £3,436 + VAT for the installation of 46 metres of knee high fencing along the pub car park boundary.

Cllr Durrant proposed giving the grant, with the proviso that CMT look at a slightly more robust rail.  This was unanimously agreed.  Extra expenditure was agreed as necessary. 

 

12.2

Funding for the 2019 Bramley Fete –this application is for a total of £3,500 for the planning and preparation of this year’s fete, to be held in early May in conjunction with St James Church.

The Clerk noted that this is a considerable increase on the grant given last year (£1,500).  The Chair of CMT stated that there is a demand to put on a bigger event for this year – complaints were received last year about the lack of attractions.  CMT are also looking to raise funds through local company sponsorship, although the same firms have been asked to supply raffle prizes, and sponsor the fireworks event.  CMT have also pointed out that the Bramley village fete has only recently been resurrected as an annual event, and as such is still working to gain support and loyalty among stall holders and residents.

Cllr Ansell proposed that the grant be given, unanimously agreed.  Clerk to process.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

13

Finance

 

13.1

Payments and reconciliation approval - see appendix C

The Clerk noted the payments on the reconciliation.  She noted the following extra payment not appearing on the reconciliation:

  • Contractor fees for groundwater monitoring at the Burial Ground - £220 to Bold Environmental.

It was unanimously agreed to approve the payments– Clerk to process.

 

 

 

 

Clerk

13.2

Acknowledgement of Receipts – see appendix C

Receipts were noted.  The Clerk noted that she will be submitting a VAT claim early by the end of January for approximately £492.

 

14

Date of Next meeting

 

 

The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 19th February 2019. 

 

15

Resolution to exclude press and public from items that may require discussion of possible legal and financial proceedings 

 

 

None.

 

16

Confidential Items

 

 

None.

 

The meeting closed at 10.04pm

 

 

 

 

 

Signed:                 ………………………………………………………………….      Date:………………………………………

(Chairman)

Appendix A – Planning Summary

 

Approvals/Refusals*

  1.  

18/03184/HSE - 6 Churchlands Bramley

Erection of a part first floor and part one and a half storey side extension

Refused

Objection

  1.  

T/00451/18/TCA - 3 Churchlands Bramley

Mature Ash (T1): Approx. 18 metres tall and 14 metres wide

Hawthorne (T2): Approx. 4 metres tall and 3 metres

Hawthorne (T3): Approx. 4 metres tall and 3 metres wide

Hawthorne (T4) - Approx. 4 metres tall and 3 metres wide

Hawthorne (T5) - Approx. 4 metres tall and 3 metres wide

All to be felled to ground level.

Granted

 

No objection to ash tree, comments on hawthorn

  1.  

18/03304/FUL - The Upper Barn, Middle Barn And South Barn Minchens Court Minchens Lane Bramley - AMENDED

External alterations to create new door openings from existing window openings, new entrance canopies and new roof lights. Erection of enclosed and secure bin and cycle stores, along with additional cycle and car parking spaces for visitors

Refused

 

Objection

 

Pending Applications*

  1.  

17/00942/FUL - Land Adjacent To The Oaks Cufaude Lane Bramley

Change of use of site as a private gypsy site for one family comprising a mobile home, utility room and touring caravan

Objection

Appeal to be heard on 2nd April

  1.  

18/01226/VLA - Land At The Street The Street Bramley

Removal of reference to the Designated Protection Order under clause 16.10 of the Section 106 agreement relating to planning permission 15/02682/OUT

Clarification sought

  1.  

18/01982/LDEU - Cufaude Courtyard, The Lodge Cufaude Lane Bramley

Application for Certificate of Lawfulness for the use of The Lodge as a single dwelling house (Use Class C3)

No objection

  1.  

18/03083/VLA - Land At Minchens Lane Bramley

Variation of Section 106 agreement to remove the obligation to provide the north west footbridge from Clift Meadows to the site

No comment – PCs own application

  1.  

18/03486/OUT - Land At Goddards Farm Goddards Lane Sherfield-on-Loddon

Outline planning application for the erection of up to 90 dwellings with public open space, landscaping and sustainable drainage system (SuDS). Demolition of garages to form a vehicular access point from Bow Drive and replacement garaging. All matters reserved except for means of access

Objection

 

  1.  

T/00488/18/TPO - 4 St James Close Bramley Tadley

Western Red Cedar to rear of property to be crown lifted to height of 4/5 metres all round, by removing secondary branches only

No objection

  1.  

18/03145/ADV - Land At The Street The Street Bramley

Display of housing development sign

Objection

*Objections/no objections listed are the decision of Bramley Parish Council only, and do not reflect any submissions placed by members of the public or other bodies with Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council.

 

Appendix B – 2019/20 Budget

 

 

 

Appendix C - Finance

 

 

Attachments:
FileDescriptionFile sizeLast modified
Download this file (Agenda_February_2019_final.pdf)Bramley Parish Council - MinutesTuesday 15th January 2019168 kBWed, 13 Feb 2019 18:26:50

Bookings Diary

Clift Meadow


Village Hall

Find us on Facebook

BramleyPC Twitter Feed