BRAMLEY PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of the Meeting of the Council

Date:

Tuesday 19th March 2019

Time:                                    7.30pm

Place:

Bramley Room, Bramley Village Hall

 

Present:

Cllr Tomblin (Chair)

Cllr Durrant

 

Cllr Bell

Cllr Flooks

 

Cllr James

Cllr Munday

 

Cllr Capel

Cllr Ansell

In attendance:

Maxta Thomas (Clerk)

2 members of the public

 

Cllr Robinson (Borough)

Cllr Vaughan (County)

Apologies:

Cllr Oborn

Cllr Rowland (Borough)

 

PCSO Emma Page

 

 

 

Action

1

Apologies for Absence

 

 

As listed above.

 

2

Declarations of Interest

 

 

None.

 

3

Minutes of the Last Parish Council Meeting

 

3.1

The minutes of the meeting held on 15th February 2019 were unanimously agreed to be a true and accurate record, were signed by the Chairman.

 

 

3.2

Matters arising

 

 

  • Googlegroup management – the survey is in hand.
  • Welcome packs – to go to all new developments in Bramley.  The Parish Council text is ready.  The Village Hall Trustees have requested some space, and CMT will be asked as well.  A four page leaflet is planned.  The PCC will be asked if they wish to have their pre-printed information included as an insert.  Target date of end of May for distribution.  Cllr Vaughan suggested consulting parish magazine for possible delivery.  Cllr Munday suggested packs for the development sales offices, this was agreed. 

 

 

 

Cllr Tomblin/ Clerk

4

Open Forum

 

 

Cllr Tomblin invited comments and questions from the public. 

None.

 

 

5

County Councillor Report

 

 

Cllr Vaughan gave a verbal report:

  • Noted presentation of RBL standard at August ceremony at Ypres – one among 200 standards.  Certificate to go in Bramley Room.
  • HCC have been advised that there will be an £80 million cut in government funding for 2020/21 on top of this year’s £140 million cut. 
  • Cllr Vaughan is meeting with Chief Inspector Matt Reeves in a couple of weeks’ time – he has requested information from the Parish Council on any issues it may have. 
  • Brexit – HCC is putting in place contingencies for freight traffic – a section of the A31 is planned to be used for a stacking process if necessary.
  • The HCC transport strategy has been published.  There is an emphasis on public transport over cars.  There will be a meeting re the number 14 bus service on Monday 25th March at Liddell Hall in Sherfield on Loddon.
  • Cllr Vaughan noted HCC’s statutory responsibilities – the aged and children.  He observed that 2000 people turn 85 per year in Hampshire. 

 

6

Borough Councillor Report

 

 

Cllr Rowland submitted the following report:

  • Firstly thank you for the support with the Transport Meeting - this is to highlight the plight of the Number 14 bus and how it is at odds with the Horizon 2050 vision of the Council at this point in time and to ensure we provide residents with the opportunity to make their views known as HCC seem to think there is very little requirement for regular public transport.
  • The Budget was passed at full council in February with and still with BDBC being the lowest Band D Council Tax of any Shire District in the country.
  • With the housing supply at 5.2 years but plenty of planning permissions being passed - rightly or wrongly - there needs be a strategy put in place to get the building underway - or else there will be a flood gate opened.  Permitted development is set to be the next issue for some of the areas with none of the generated housing counting towards the supply numbers.  The Minchens Court application and with the old Shire's offices in Chineham Business Park under permitted development for 260 dwellings!  This will have an impact on the traffic.

Cllr Robinson gave a verbal report:

  • Holly Close – the Clerk noted that the work has not yet been completed here.  Cllr Robinson is chasing. 
  • Council Tax – BDBC council tax is not just the lowest in the country, but BDBC has the highest spend per head in the UK.
  • Sherfield – the Dixon Road hearing was held on 26th February.  The outcome is awaited. 
  • Cufaude Lane – BDBC has confirmed that hard standing at the site has been removed as per the court order. 
  • S.106 and CIL issues are still being discussed. 
  • Yew Tree Close – no major issues at present.   Cllr Durrant noted the increase in litter, and an increase in anti-social behaviour in the wider area. 
  • Help to Housing – BDBC has a large amount of unspent off-site affordable housing money (this is a problem nationally).  Rules of spending are difficult, which is why it hasn’t been spent.  There is a proposal to offer up to £35k interest free loans to families trying to get on housing ladder.  This initiative will not build houses – it would just supply funds for those who can almost get on the housing ladder, but not quite.  The initiative is just at the proposal stage at present. 
  • CIL money – Cllr Bell asked when it should be paid.  Cllr Robinson stated that it should be at the start of building the development. 
  • Cllr Bell asked if figures were available on how many families in the social and affordable housing in Bramley actually have a family connection to Bramley.  Cllr Bell noted the points system for housing – local connection is a big weighting factor. 

 

7

Parish Environment

 

7.1

Update on St James Park playground – the Clerk has been speaking with Sue Tarvit at BDBC to get this situation resolved.  It has been made very clear that the Parish Council does not want the responsibility for maintaining the playground, and wish to return the commuted sum as soon as possible.  Sue has been conferring with colleagues in the legal department, and the responses from this are awaited.  It has been noted that the Parish Council has been provided with no legal documentation or certificate of completion for the playground.

The Clerk has also looked into the insurance liabilities for the playground.  The PC insurers have informed the PC that as it has not accepted responsibility for the playground, then the liabilities must rest with the current owners – either BDBC or the developer.  BDBC has been informed of this.

 

 

 

 

Clerk

7.2

Bramley Football Club facilities – the Club is looking to upgrade the current changing facilities, which are not currently fit for purpose.  This would mean demolishing the current facilities and building new.  The roughly estimated build cost is £150,000, with the Football Foundation is prepared and keen to match fund the project, up to half of the total cost. 

The Chairman of the Club, Geoff Harris, explained that the current membership of 35 is two thirds made up of residents in the village, and with new facilities, there are ambitions to expand the club to include junior teams made up of members from Bramley Parish.  Currently, the organisation is small and non-profit making. 

Councillors asked the following questions:

  • How would any application benefit the community?  Geoff noted money from BDBC a few years ago which enable them to improve the pitch.  Need facilities for improved changing, have meetings, etc.  Little Apples use facility in summer holidays free of charge.  A few junior teams from out of the parish use the pitch on occasion as well.  They have been approached by Bramley residents, (particularly from the new developments) who are keen to join the club.  They are currently oversubscribed – this would be alleviated with improved facilities. 
  • How long would building take and how it might impact pitch usage during the build?  An area at the side can be used for storage and building contractors –building should be easily kept off the pitch.  However, should this become an issue, there are facilities in Basingstoke that can be used, but these are expensive. 
  • Would the pitch stand up to increased wear and tear – Geoff confirmed that it should. 
  • Car parking.  It was confirmed that this is a challenge, and needs to be addressed.  The football club have used the Village Hall car park in the past for car boot sales.  There is an area near the pitch that could be converted into a car park if necessary. 

It was suggested that the PC might be supportive of any statements that support the Bramley community.  This may assist in releasing funds.  He suggested a project or a business plan would be useful, particularly if an application is made to BDBC.  The PC cannot fund the whole project; however, it can give support if it sees merit in the project, and a need in the community.  A possible liaison with the school outside of school hours and holiday periods would be worth investigating.  Geoff confirmed that there is a development plan in place, which he will share with the Parish Council. 

It was noted that this project would be good for LIF funding.

It was noted that there would be an increase in traffic and parking. 

Cllrs observed that there are already have four community facilities in the village– is there any way the Football Club could use these facilities?  These are avenues that could be explored. 

Clerk to send useful contacts to the Football Club.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

8

Clerk’s report & Administration

 

8.1

IT Project update – some concerns were raised of the proposed supplier by our existing IT support. These have taken time to address and in addition we have also sought recommendations for existing users. These have all come back favourably for the proposed supplier. 

The intention is to provide councillors with a proposal overview and funding breakdown for a decision to proceed, target for this is Week ending 31st March. 

 

 

 

Cllr Ansell/ Clerk

8.2

Parish magazine article – Cllr Tomblin is due to write the next article.  The deadline is 15th April. 

Cllr Tomblin

8.3

BDBC Boundary Review – the final recommendations for the ward boundaries of BDBC are now ready.  As expected, the Borough will made up of 18 wards, each with 3 ward councillors.  The Bramley & Sherfield ward will become known as the Bramley Ward, and will include Bramley, Sherfield-on-Loddon, Silchester, Mortimer West End, Stratfield Saye, Stratfield Turgis, and Hartley Wespall parishes.  The proposals now need to be approved by Parliament, and should be in place ready for May 2020.

 

9

Reports

 

9.1

Reports from Parish Council representatives

 

a.

Planning Committee report (see appendix A and Planning Committee minutes of 13/03/2019).  The report was noted by Councillors.

  • Cufaude Lane planning & injunction appeal – this is due to be heard on 2nd April for four days.  The Clerk strongly recommended PC attendance for each day.  Clerk/Cllr Flooks to organise rota of attendees.  Clerk to place notice of the appeal on the website.  Clerk to pull together all objections and statements. 
  • Neighbourhood Plan working group – Cllr Bell noted that the NDP should be reviewed very soon by the Parish Council, in line with the reviews beginning to take place at BDBC of the Local Plan.  A request for volunteers has already been placed in the Parish Magazine.
  • Upper Cufaude Farm change on objections was noted. 

There are no new applications to be considered at this time.

 

 

 

 

Cllr Flooks/ Clerk

 

 

b.

Allotments and Burial Ground - Cllr James gave a verbal update.

  • All deposits have been paid, bar one.
  • Awaiting quote for allotment fencing. 
  • 10 people on waiting list. 

 

 

 

c.

Village Hall Trust - Cllr Oborn has submitted the following report:

  • The committee is in process of obtaining a 12 month extension to the HCC grant for the new extension, required because of delays in starting work.

It appears that HCC requires that at least 50% of all available funds must have been spent before the HCC grant can be claimed. This should be fine, but could mean some strain in the finances later in the project.

  • “Action Hampshire” has a programme whereby public facilities can be used rent-free for a few (three?) initial sessions for new/innovative activities, and then the user can get help with grant applications to support their activity costs ongoing. Hall Trust is looking at joining this.
  • The Trustees have asked that information about the Village Hall be included in with the PC welcome pack for the new development residents.  It has also been suggested that Clift Meadow may wish to do the same.

 

d.

Clift Meadow Trust – Cllr Capel gave a verbal report:

  • Issues with car park lights – awaiting being fixed.
  • Salt bin has been ordered.
  • Some ASB issues still – people climbing on top of buildings.  Also fresh tyre marks on the meadow recently.  Clerk is still chasing bollards and barriers with developer. 
  • Is anyone taking over Phyl Davies Gazette column?  Clerk to talk to PCC.  Item for Parish Magazine. 

         i.            Security camera proposals – Cllr Ansell has obtained a quote for extra CCTV cameras at Clift Meadow.  There would be three extra cameras, covering the area at the front of the Pavilion and Brocas Hall.  The feeds from these cameras will link into the existing system.  The quote is for £1823.

It was unanimously agreed to accept the quote.  Cllr Ansell and Clerk to take forward.

It was noted that cameras should not point inside the building. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Ansell/ Clerk

e.

Police & Neighbourhood Watch - there have now been three incidents that have been reported where motorbikes have been stolen. If you own a motorbike, please make sure it is left secure. If you park a motorbike in a garage then consider alarming the garage.

Police are investigating an incident where a business premises reported receiving unwarranted phone calls from a company who had laid tarmac in their car park.

PCSO Page is visiting the Cherry Blossom Manor Care Home this month. The topic is how to prevent being a victim of fraud. If you have an event that you would like a PCSO to help out with, please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.   

There have been several reports of anti-social behaviour at the new building site at Minchens Lane. PCSO Page is working with the housing association to address the issues. If you have any problems then please contact us or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

BA has been in touch with Sgt Cullis about Bramley incidents.  We have asked to collate the incidents to report back.  EC confirmed that CMT has been asked to do the same.  Clerk to work with CW to collate historical info over last two years. 

 

f.

Highways/Footpaths

  • The small lay-by by the level crossing has been marked as a 2 parking bay zone. It seems to have stopped repeat offenders for parking on pavement or squeezing in.
  • Air Pollution – Cllrs Ansell and James met with the BDBC team, overall a good meeting, but they were very defensive, looking to discredit the AQ Mesh results. They have put their own very basic monitoring device at the same location. These tubes only monitor NO2, and there is a lot of debate about diffusion types and accuracy. BDBC do not have any reference sites in their area and use a bias factor assigned from Greenwich!

However they have now contacted us and have raised a number of questions around the AQ-Mesh device and have suggested collaborative working. Cllrs Ansell and James will progress. 

  • Cllr Bell noted that an overhanging tree needs addressing on the path on the main road between Bramley Green and Campbell Road. 
  • Cllr James has attended a HCC Highways Workshop.  He noted the  roadworks.org website, which gives live details of road works in the area.  The Dragon mobile road patcher has proved successful, and a second Dragon has been ordered.  Recycling – HCC is not exporting plastic recycling any more, but being burned instead.  Other options are being explored.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Ansell/ Cllr James

g.

Road Safety Project  - Cllr Ansell gave the following update:

  • Path improvement - we have hit a hard stop. Network Rail will not enable any sensible option to improve access to Platform 2. The owner (Mekanix) does not want to lose parking spaces he currently has. Currently in the ‘too hard’ tray, a rethink is required. 
  • Junction improvement - we are moving to a G2 internal review for the county. They have requested information on how the Parish Council have engaged the community for feedback of the junction improvements. 

The subject has been raised in the next Parish Council briefing for the Parish Magazine April issue and the Clerk will be loading the article to the website for feedback via both options. 

There is not yet any confirmation as to the proposed date for the Gate 2 review. 

For info a G2 review is described as the following;

  • ‘The purpose of Gateway 2 is to present the Preliminary design/results of feasibility study, secure funding for the delivery of the scheme, gain approval to commence detailed design and entry into the Capital Programme, or its sub programmes (if not entered already). This is not a design brief to procure a consultant.’

 

h.

Chairman’s report – no report.

 

10

Consultation documents requiring consideration

 

 

None.

 

11

Grant Applications

 

11.1

Bramley PCC – a grant request has been received for the upgrade of fire safety equipment for Cross House.  The grant request is for £4505 inc VAT.

Cllr Durrant proposed giving the grant, Cllr Capel seconded, unanimously agreed.  Clerk to take forward.

 

 

Clerk

12

Finance

 

12.1

Payments and reconciliation approval - see appendix B

The Clerk noted the payments on the reconciliation. 

It was unanimously agreed to approve the payments– Clerk to process.

 

 

Clerk

12.2

Acknowledgement of Receipts – see appendix B

Receipts were noted.  The Clerk stated that the quarter VAT claim will be approximately £780

 

13

Date of Next meeting

 

 

The next full Parish Council meeting will be held on Tuesday 16th April 2019.  The Clerk gave advance notice of the Annual Parish Meeting, to be held on Thursday 23rd May 2019.

 

14

Resolution to exclude press and public from items that may require discussion of possible legal and financial proceedings 

 

 

None.

 

15

Confidential Items

 

 

None.

 

The meeting closed at 9.45pm

 

 

 

 

 

Signed:                 ………………………………………………………………….      Date:………………………………………

(Chairman)

Appendix A – Planning Summary

 

Planning Applications for Consideration

  1.  

18/03486/OUT - Land At Goddards Farm Goddards Lane Sherfield-on-Loddon - AMENDED

Outline planning application for the erection of up to 90 dwellings with public open space, landscaping and sustainable drainage system (SuDS). Demolition of garages to form a vehicular access point from Bow Drive and replacement garaging. All matters reserved except for means of access

Objection

  1.  

19/00617/LBC - Razors Farm Cufaude Lane Chineham

Erection of rear single storey extension (retention of unauthorised works)

Objection

  1.  

19/00616/LBC - Razors Farm Cufaude Lane Chineham

Installation of rear elevation dormer windows and the provision of two additional roof lights in the front elevation (retention of unauthorised works)

Objection

  1.  

19/00580/HSE - Fairlands Silchester Road Bramley

Erection of single storey side extension to form garage

No objection

  1.  

T/00080/19/TCA - Grays House The Street Bramley

1 Laurel: fell

Defer to tree & conservation officer view

  1.  

19/00483/HSE - 6 Churchlands Bramley

Erection of a garage extension with accommodation above and dormer windows

Objection

  1.  

19/00434/HSE - Bryher The Street Bramley

Erection of front and rear extensions following demolition of existing garage

No objection

  1.  

19/00355/HSE - 5 The Mews Bramley

Erection of single storey rear extension, and conversion of garage roof space to living accommodation with alterations to the roof

Objection

  1.  

19/00464/FUL - Upper Cufaude Farm Cufaude Lane Bramley

Erection of two no. 4 bedroom barn-style dwellings and access

Objection

 

Approvals/Refusals*

  1.  

18/01982/LDEU - Cufaude Courtyard, The Lodge Cufaude Lane Bramley

Application for Certificate of Lawfulness for the use of The Lodge as a single dwelling house (Use Class C3)

Refused

 

No objection

  1.  

T/00488/18/TPO - 4 St James Close Bramley Tadley

Western Red Cedar to rear of property to be crown lifted to height of 4/5 metres all round, by removing secondary branches only

Granted

 

No objection

  1.  

18/03145/ADV - Land At The Street The Street Bramley

Display of housing development sign

Granted

Objection

  1.  

T/00514/18/TPO - Chestnut Lodge Officers Row Bramley

T1 London plane: crown reduce

Granted

No objection

  1.  

19/00017/HSE - 21 Longbridge Road Bramley

Erection of a single storey rear extension

Granted

No objection, comments

  1.  

19/00085/HSE - 22 Farriers Close Bramley

Erection of single storey front extension and porch; removal of existing rear conservatory and construction of single storey rear extension

Granted

 

No objections

  1.  

18/03663/HSE - Cedars The Street Bramley

Erection of single storey rear extension

Granted

No objection

 

Pending Applications*

  1.  

17/00942/FUL - Land Adjacent To The Oaks Cufaude Lane Bramley

Change of use of site as a private gypsy site for one family comprising a mobile home, utility room and touring caravan

Objection

Appeal to be heard on 2nd April

  1.  

18/01226/VLA - Land At The Street The Street Bramley

Removal of reference to the Designated Protection Order under clause 16.10 of the Section 106 agreement relating to planning permission 15/02682/OUT

Clarification sought

  1.  

18/03486/OUT - Land At Goddards Farm Goddards Lane Sherfield-on-Loddon

Outline planning application for the erection of up to 90 dwellings with public open space, landscaping and sustainable drainage system (SuDS). Demolition of garages to form a vehicular access point from Bow Drive and replacement garaging. All matters reserved except for means of access

Objection

 

  1.  

18/03718/HSE - 6 Churchlands Bramley

Erection of a one and half storey rear extension with associated internal and external alterations

No objection, comments

  1.  

19/00018/OUT - Land At Upper Cufaude Farm Cufaude Lane Bramley

Residential development for up to 350 dwellings and land reserved for a primary school with associated access, community facilities, drainage works (SuDS), areas of open space and landscaping. Demolition of existing farm buildings.

Objection

  1.  

19/00167/ROC - Razors Farm Cufaude Lane Chineham

Variation of Condition 1 of 16/04520/FUL for amendment to location of car barns and design of single storey rear extension

Objection

  1.  

19/00168/ROC - Razors Farm Cufaude Lane Chineham

Variation of Condition 1 of 17/04266/FUL for Plan 836-D-201 to be substituted with 836-D-201D to provide improved dormer windows for bedrooms

Objection

  1.  

19/00373/FUL - The Upper Barn, Middle Barn And South Barn Minchens Court Minchens Lane Bramley

External alterations to create new door openings from existing window openings, new roof lights and new enclosed and secure bin and cycle stores along with additional cycle and car parking spaces for visitors

Objection

*Objections/no objections listed are the decision of Bramley Parish Council only, and do not reflect any submissions placed by members of the public or other bodies with Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council.

Appendix B – Finance

 

 

Bookings Diary

Clift Meadow


Village Hall

Find us on Facebook

BramleyPC Twitter Feed